Tsunami is formulated to achieve a reduction of microorganisms, and is used in wash water in packing sheds and in humidified air in potato storages. Tsunami has a low reactivity with organics and soils, assuring a consistent dosage is available for microbial control. It controls microbial activity on fruits and vegetables, so product spoilage is minimized and shelf life is enhanced. Completely water soluble at active concentrations, Tsunami promotes worker safety, and is fully approved for use in fresh-cut, further-processed, and post-harvest facilities.
Promotes Quality Assurance:
- Low reactivity with organics and soils assures consistent dosage is available for microbial control.
- Successfully applied in all major processing steps including multi-stage flumes, chill tanks, coolers and various washing equipment in fresh cut, post harvest and further processed facilities.
- Tsunami is OMRI certified for organic production.
- No pH control necessary—effective microbial control at acid to slightly alkaline pH.
- Broad applicability to all vegetables and fruits, both whole and cut.
- No rinse required.
Environmental & Economical Benefits:
- Single product, ready-to-feed liquid; requires no precursor chemicals or on-site generation equipment.
- Rapidly breaks down after use into water, oxygen and acetic acid.
- Eliminates need for generation equipment, precursor chemicals and maintenance.
- Reduced labor, water and chemical costs.
- Controls fruit and vegetable surface microbial activity so product spoilage is minimized and shelf life enhanced.