Spud Guard® 2EC is an emulsified CIPC spray that prepares potatoes for shipment. The solution is injected right into the water flow of the pre-pack wash. Spud Guard® 2EC’s proprietary formula contains a surfactant that enables the active ingredients to disperse uniformly over the surface of the potato. Superior coverage means higher absorption through the eyes of the potato, resulting in better residue levels and improved sprout control.
- Reduced Residue: Packing shed tests showed Spud Guard® 2EC improved CIPC residues an average of 1.3ppm.
- Reduced Chemical Use: On average, sheds using Spud Guard® 2EC used less chemicals.
- Save on heating and electricity with the cold water formula, designed to work in water as cold as 35°F.
- Highly soluble for immediate injection into the water flow.
- Uniform coverage means higher absorption through the eyes of the potato, resulting in better residue levels and improved sprout control.
- Works with a variety of application methods.
- Remains liquid in transit and does not freeze at low temperatures.
- Application: 1 gallon of 2EC treats 2,000 cwt of potatoes.