The P7 Drive is our variable-frequency drive (VFD) system we recommend as the ideal choice for variable torque applications like centrifugal fans and pumps. Control your fan’s motor with this 500-horsepower drive. The technology of this VFD will greatly improve the energy efficiency of your fan’s motor, and typically pays for itself in a matter of months. Even a very small reduction in speed will result in a large reduction of required horsepower.
The P7 has been designed to provide the features and options commonly needed for IVI fan applications:
- Factory-programmed and ready to run
- Designed for simplicity and clarity with the LCD operator display (and can be set to any of six languages)
- Easy programming of parameters, with free software to enhance parameter and date management
- Engineered for tough industrial environments; reliable with an MTFB of 28 years
- The drive is provided in Normal Duty ratings with 110% overload capability
- V/f control mode, network communication options, and an array of input/output options available
- With an optional phase-shifting input transformer, it can be operated in 12-pulse rectification mode, reducing input current harmonic distortion
- Meets or exceeds power quality standards
Some additional details on the P7:
- The P7-Configured Package provides a P7 drive in a NEMA 1, NEMA 3R or NEMA 12 FVFF enclosure, with space for factory-mounted and wired options, such as reactors, filters, circuit breakers, fuses, network communications and I/O cards.
- The P7-Bypass Package provides a P7 drive and 3-contactor bypass in a NEMA 1, NEMA 3R, or NEMA 12 FVFF enclosure, of sufficient size to mount and wire commonly selected options such as filters, fuses, network communications and I/O cards.